Head of Fundraising
Head of Fundraising
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Base: Autism NI, Donard, Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Belfast, BT8 8BH and travelling across Northern Ireland.
Salary: NJC scale point 38-41: £34,106 - £37,107
Hours: Full-time (37 1/2 hours per week) with an element of weekend and evening work for which time off in lieu will be given.
Main purpose of job: To manage all Public Relations, Marketing and Fundraising functions of the charity. To develop relationships with major donors and trusts in a way that will increase the likelihood of a major gift.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Overall line management of the fundraising department to achieve set targets.
- To develop a major gift strategy from individual donors or trusts and foundations.
- To develop a regular giving strategy.
- To develop a legacy fundraising strategy.
- To develop and manage a PR programme aimed at raising the Autism NI profile, including an annual awareness campaign to promote Autism Awareness Month.
- To recruit and manage “Autism Ambassadors” to assist with fundraising and awareness raising activities.
- To oversee the maintenance of a fundraising database including relevant information on donors.
- To ensure compliance in relation to GDPR regulations and the Fundraising Regulator.
Maintain confidentiality for all areas of Autism NI, its staff and its work. The nature of the work within the charity entrusts people with confidential information about people with Autism, their families, carers and staff. Any breach of confidentiality will constitute gross misconduct.
- General Responsibilities
- Co-operate with all Autism NI staff in maintaining good relationships with outside agencies and the general public in order to uphold the charity’s image and win increased support for its work
- Promote a positive image of Autism and Autism NI
- Ensure that conduct within and outside work does not conflict with professional expectations of Autism NI.
- Actively support, promote and ensure awareness and observation of Autism NI policies including Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Fire, Health & Safety and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults/Children.
- Co-operate with all Autism NI staff in maintaining harmonious inter-personal relations.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Ensure the respect, dignity and rights of privacy of service users/clients as far as possible.
- Participate in regular Management, Support and Development sessions with the Chief Executive.
- Carry out any other duties as are within scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the Chief Executive.
The job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
PLEASE RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:-
Human Resource Officer, AUTISM NI, DONARD, KNOCKBRACKEN HEALTHCARE PARK, SAINTFIELD ROAD, BELFAST BT8 8BH.