Find out more
- Autism Training Courses
- AQA Qualification
- Impact Award
- Criminal Justice
- Alert Card
- 'We Think Safe' Website
- The ABLE Project
- Autism 'Top Tips' Website
- Laura Millen Memorial Award
Training and Consultancy
Autism NI is Northern Ireland’s longest serving Autism charity and Autism Training provider. We train approximately 2,800 delegates a year, with over 250 individuals choosing to complete a nationally recognised AQA accreditation annually. Six organisations have successfully achieved our Impact Award, and a number of organisations are currently in the process of completing the Award. We pride ourselves on providing training and advice that is evidence based, practical and to the highest standard of accuracy to ensure it is effective in supporting individuals with Autism and their families. Alternatively you can view our full training prospectus here.
Why choose Autism NI as your training provider?
- We are the main Autism Charity in Northern Ireland, with a dedicated Training Department, experienced in providing a range of training courses to both parents and professionals.
- We are the only accredited training agency in NI. Our training offers delegates an opportunity to complete an AQA qualification which ensures a high standard of learning, understanding and self-development.
- Our courses are CPD certified, giving you quality assurance and demonstrating our structured approach to learning and development. Professionals can earn CPD points by completing our courses, showing their commitment to enhancing their personal skills and effectiveness within their job role.
- All training courses are grounded in External evidence-based research.
- Our trainers have a number of Autism specific training qualifications and are trained in a number of interventions related to Autism, e.g. TEACCH, PECS.
- Our trainers have a wealth of experience and expertise in many areas relating to Autism, for example, early intervention, youth work, mentoring, education and counselling.
- We have a number of sessional trainers who can provide specialist training in the area of expertise that they work in, for example, Sensory Processing, Speech and language/communication issues, Positive Behaviour.
- We provide the only Equality-Rights based training in Northern Ireland. Organisations can achieve our Autism Impact Award by committing to staff training and ensuring reasonable adjustments are made in their organisation in line with the Autism Act 2011.
Location: Training courses are delivered at various locations throughout Northern Ireland.
Autism NI deliver numerous tailored courses to suit your organisation or individual needs including basic Autism Awareness courses and courses that are specific to your organisation’s role e.g. Criminal Justice Professional, Youth workers, Early Years Professionals.
We can provide high quality, accredited in house training for groups of staff that suit your timeframe, venue and budget. For more information about the training that we can offer your organisation, please contact the Training Department on 02890 401729 (Option 4) or email email@example.com
Feedback from our delegates:
Our delegates include parents and a wide range of professionals, for example, Social Workers, Classroom Assistants, Disability Sports Officers, Assistant Psychologists, Playgroup Assistants.
"It made me think about my lack of knowledge of Autism NI's good range of learning materials!"
"Changed my attitude towards thinking, understanding about a person with Autism."
"Very easy to understand when I came with limited knowledge - practical examples were brilliant."
To find out more information about the courses we can offer, please contact our Training Department on 02890 401729 (Option 4) or email firstname.lastname@example.org